Saturday, August 01, 2009

Hitting a Stride

Things are getting a little better for me pregnancy-wise. The main improvement is that I am sleeping better at night. It always amazes me how much my entire life is affected by sleep or the lack thereof. If I've had a good night sleep, I can handle lots of things. But if I'm sleep deprived, I'm a wreck. But for the past two weeks, I have slept more soundly and it has really made a difference. I'm not totally 100%, but much better than I was earlier in this pregnancy.

I'm now 17 weeks and it seems like I have been pregnant forever. I don't know why but I am more acutely aware of how long I have until this baby comes out. This week I made the complete conversion over to maternity clothes. I was wearing my regular clothes, then one morning I went to button my shorts and had a rude awakening. What was most surprising was that it wasn't like it was even close to closing - like my stomach had expanded two inches overnight. How did that happen?

We find out the gender of the baby at 20 weeks, which coincidentally is Matt's birthday. That's pretty fun. There have been a few things different about this pregnancy than the last two- extreme sleep deprivation, several recurring headaches, among other things - that I guess it could be that this one is boy. But it also might be the fact that this is my third pregnancy and it just gets harder and harder as you go along. We'll found out soon enough.

In the meantime, I would really appreciate it if I could just fast forward to like Thanksgiving when I will have only 6 weeks left and I'll be so busy with Christmas stuff that hopefully those last weeks will go by quickly! Is it Halloween yet?

2 comments:

Cunningham Blog said...

I think I was exactly where you are about a year ago. Pregnant with #3. Already had two girls. I was so sick with Molly and convinced that it was a boy because I was so sick. But, no, I think it was just exhaustion from being pregnant and taking care of my two girls. Molly came the day after Thanksgiving, and I had great dreams of a Christmas with a newborn and family visiting and just perfection and happiness. It was actually really hard to take on the stress of Christmas AND family visiting AND a newborn AND recovering from a c-section. So, take my advice, get all of your shopping done in November. Do not put anything off, just get it done so that December is all about eating fudge and singing carols. Anyway, good luck my dear!

Dianah said...

I can't believe you are 17 weeks! To me, you should only be about 12 or so, but I'm not the one pregnant. I can't wait to know what you are having. I'm so excited for you!