144 - that's what I weigh now.
125 - that's what I want to weigh by May.
That's my New Year's resolution. I want to lose about 20 lbs. There are many reasons, ranging from the usual want to feel better about myself, want to fit into my old clothes, want to improve my appearance. But the main reason is health.
Here's the harsh truth - I have a family history of Type II diabetes and heart disease. I've always figured that when I got old I would suffer from one of these diseases, but I thought it woud be MUCH LATER in life. But having Ellie brought me too close to that reality as I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and had pregnancy induced hypertension for a couple of months after she was born.
Suddenly, I knew that I have to take my health and my weight seriously. I have been doing all right losing weight from my pregnancy, but I am about 7lbs away from my prepregnancy weight and 19lbs from my ideal weight. So it is time to take action. I do NOT want to be a diabetic. And the best thing I can do is shave those extra pounds.
So I have committed to going to the gym no less than 4 times a week. And I'm gonna do a better job of watching what I eat.
I know that the odds are against me. I have a high chance of getting gestational diabetes the next time I get pregnant and I have an increased chance of getting type II diabestes later in life. But I am going to do all I can to not get it or at least postpone it as much as possible. My health is much too valuable to me. So the next time you see me, ask me how I'm doing on my commitment. I want to succeed and I think positive support would be helpful.
No comments:
Post a Comment