Friday, January 12, 2007

A Mommy Break

Quick post to say I am in Ohio. I had the lucky opportunity to leave Matt and Ellie behind for the day and take a quick roadtrip with two of my best girlfriends. They left Salt Lake Tuesday morning for DC. They picked me up in Indianapolis this afternoon and we are in Dayton for the night. Tomorrow we get back to DC.

This is my first night away from Ellie since she was born. As many times as we have left her with lots of babysitters and such, I have always seen her in the morning when she wakes up. I got a little emotional as I got on the metro heading towards the airport. I know it's kind of silly. But she is my constant companion. I am never far away from her for very long periods of time. She is one of my favorite people and I am certainly her favorite person. Nobody knows her better than me. And while Matt is certainly capable of taking care of her, I am still the one that knows everything about her.

I have been enjoying myself and trying very hard not to think about her constantly. (It doesn't help that I left her with a bad cold and an ear infection.) I have been doing a fairly decent job of not having every sentence that comes out of my mouth include the name Ellie. But I tell you, it's hard when everything I am right now is wrapped up in this incredible, little creature named Ellie. I love her so much and I'm so glad she's a part of my life. She's my sweetie.

No comments: