One of my former bosses, Mitt Romney, has finished his term as Governor of Massachusetts and announced earlier this week that he is forming an exploratory committee to seek the Office of President of the United States. I worked for Governor Romney while living in Cambridge, MA. In my capacity as one of his two speechwriters, I had personal contact with him on a weekly basis. There are many things I could say to praise him but I will try to be brief.
He's incredibly smart. I've seen countless situations where he is given mounds of information and he not only absorbs it, he gets to the heart of it and find solutions to problems.
He's compassionate and caring. I have never seen him do an unkind thing, and I have rarely seen him lose his cool. He cares very deeply about people - this was clear every time we talked about those who are less fortunate and cannot help themselves.
He's an excellent leader. Whether it's pulling a company out of bankruptcy as a venture capitalist, saving the Salt Lake Winter Olympics, or overcoming a $3 billion budget deficit in the Massachusetts' state budget (without raising taxes!) - he takes crisis situations and turns them into overwhelming successes. Imagine what he can do in Washington when it comes to the budget.
Finally, he is truly one of the best individuals I've known. He has integrity and a great love for this country. I am proud to have worked for him, and I hope he is successful. I know he will make an excellent president, and I am proud to support him.
No comments:
Post a Comment