Ellie has started to assert her preferences and communicate desires. A recent example is the current way she tells me that she wants to leave the house - which has happened more than once in the past two days.
We are in the living room and I'm sitting on the couch. First she brings her shoes over and puts them by her feet, makes her "eh, eh" sound, as if to say "Mom, could you put my shoes one me, please?" After I've put her shoes on, she brings my shoes over, pulls off my slippers, and puts my shoes next to my unclad feet. Finally, she brings her coat over, makes the "eh, eh" sound, as if to say "Mom, please help me put on my coat." Then she walks over to the door and looks at me as if to say "Let's go, Mom, it's boring here." It's so dang cute. The sad truth is that most of the time it is boring around here. Clearly, I need to think of more fun things to do!
No comments:
Post a Comment