Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Time to Catch Up

Matt and I are so behind in watching movies it's pathetic. We rarely go to the theater.* In fact, I think the last time we went was to see the last Harry Potter movie and that was sometime last spring or summer. We also don't get around to renting movies much either.

There's no good reason for this. It's not like we don't like movies - we do. We're just pathetic I guess. Well, we are finally doing something about it. We signed up for Blockbuster Total Access. This is Blockbuster's answer to Netflix. It's the same as Netflix, only through Blockbuster. The gimmick is that if you don't want to wait to get your movies through the mail, you can go to the store and get your movie immediately.

This week, we've already seen three movies and we have one to watch tonight as well. The good thing is that we will finally get caught up and hopefully watch all of the movies we've been wanting to see, but haven't for whatever reason. The bad thing is that we are going to be spending a whole ton of time (probably too much) watching all of the those movies. Who knows when we'll get caught up or if we have the stamina to do so in the first place.

A quick review of the movies we've seen so far.

Batman Returns - I really liked this one. Christian Bale was great. You never knew who the real bad guy was, because there were just so many. The only thing that bothered me was the fact that Katie Homes' character as a high powered DA was unrealistic. No one her age would be making those kind of calls - it would be someone older.

The Break Up - I like Jennifer Aniston from all of my Friends-watching days. However, I didn't like this movie. There was way too much profanity. I just can't believe that people actually treat each other so poorly by talking in such a manner.

Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory - this was a ridiculous movie that frankly I thought was a waste of my time (though Matt liked it immensely) While silliness was probably what Tim Burton and Johnny Depp were trying to go for, it's just not the kind of thing I like.

So there you go. Stay tuned for more reviews... (On tap for tonight is the Producers with Matthew Broderick, Nathan Lane, and Will Ferrell (my favorite guy)).

*Even more surprising considering that Matt's employer gets him movie tickets for reduced prices that are a steal!

No comments: