Monday, January 22, 2007

California Dreamin'

My excitement for snow yesterday completely evaporated (100%) this morning at 5:45am when I spent over 15 minutes cleaning off my car to get to the gym! And this despite the fact that Matt and I took the time last night to clean off the car so it wouldn't take me too long the next morning. Unfortunately, it warmed up a little and began to sleet, then the temperature dropped again - so by the time I got to my car there was a quarter inch blanket of pure ice that was almost impossible to bust through. It took forever to yank one of the doors open to even turn the car on and get the scraper. And then of course I actually had to break through the ice.

Then it took me even more time to drive to the gym because not all of the roads had been plowed. Come on, folks! What are my local taxes going towards? It's only 2 inches of snow, can't someone come and plow it?!?!?!

I had to cut the workout short, so I skipped weightlifting. As much upper strength I used to open the car door and scrape off the ice amounted to a pretty good workout anyway.

As I pulled into the gym parking lot, I looked at the few cars that were totally bereft of snow with wonderment until I realized that clearly their owners have a garage to keep them snow and ice free. Oh well...

I've never lived in California, but this morning I kinda wished I did.

No comments: