Saturday, January 20, 2007

I Made You a Mix Tape

My trips to the gym have dramatically improved over the last week and it's all thanks to Matt. You see, I have been taking Matt's iPod to the gym every morning (b/c let's face it he doesn't it use it while he's sleeping). But b/c it's Matt's iPod it has all sorts of music I don't like to listen to on it - so I can't just put it on shuffle or I will be stuck listening to a bunch of music that I don't like or that is not condusive to working out.* So instead I just listen to a few cds on the iPod during my workout, which means that I don't get a lot of variety and I'm stuck with listening to only one artist each day.

So Matt, sensing my need, let me know that I could make a playlist on the iPod that could include all of my favorite upbeat, workout songs and then I can play it while I am at the gym. We put together the list earlier this week and despite the fact that Matt says that I only like "5 cds" I found 137 songs on the iPod to include in the playlist.

I've been using it all this week and it's been wonderful.** It's so great to listen to your favorite songs while working out. It actually helps me enjoy the experience, which is a good thing because I actually hate working out. Now all I have to do is listen to about 15 songs and my workout is over. It's great. Isn't technology wonderful?

*I love slow love songs, but they really don't work well if you're trying to get pumped up about running on a treadmill.

**For those who are keeping track, I went to the gym 5 times this week - which is more than my goal of 4X a week. Go me!

No comments: