Confession: The first 1.5 hours of our "date night" was spent cleaning.* That's right, we dropped Ellie off for our babysitting swap and went straight back home and started cleaning. The sad part is that we really only got three rooms cleaned. But the good part is that our fridge is spotless both inside and out.
Fortunately, the swap lasts four hours, so we had plenty of time to go eat at Pizzeria Uno too. It was nice to go out to eat with just the two of us. We actually didn't talk very much about Ellie either. Though I have to admit, the whole time I felt like something was missing. After dinner we went to pick up Ellie, expecting her to be thrilled when she saw us. Instead, she glanced up, saw us, and then turned back to the toy she was currently enthralled with. Obviously, we play second fiddle to Andrea's basement of fun. Oh well!
Can't wait for next Saturday.
* We had planned to only clean for 30 minutes, but time flies when I get into cleaning mode.
No comments:
Post a Comment