It was bound to happen sometime. Ellie suffered her first real injury complete with bleeding and everything. She's fallen before and stumbled and had little bumps and bruises - but today she actually bled. And considering everything, we came out pretty well. She tripped while walking and hit her face on the way down cutting her upper lip with her teeth. The bleeding actually wasn't that bad. The worst thing was the screaming - real high, real loud, real sad! Luckily it only lasted a few minutes. (Of course, when a child is screaming, even a few minutes seems to last an eternity!)
Fortunately, the bleeding stopped pretty quickly and the fortuitous arrival of a friend distracted Ellie enough to stop crying too. I have to say I managed pretty well, all things considered. I only briefly had visions of rushing to the emergency room before I took the time to analyze the situation and realize that she was going to be just fine. Considering that she is already 14 months old, I guess we're lucky we haven't had a bleeding incident before now.
She bleeds red by the way - no green for Vulcan or anything like that, which is good to know.
No comments:
Post a Comment